NERVO’s Release Debut Album
From being broke to where they are now is no small feat. NERVO really have endured a ‘rags-to-richesesque’ rise to fame and following.
The Sister DJ/producer duo presence on the electronic music scene occurred quickly, with their club hit ‘This Kind of Love’ landing at Number 1 on the world club charts in 2010. Quickly followed by numerous accolades such as reaching the top sports on Beatport, Billboard, and Hype Machine, their status as the Number 1 female DJ’s was cemented by their placement in the DJ Mag Top 100 poll. Churning out nearly 200 shows a year from festivals, to Ibiza to Vegas, they’ve also featured on countless front covers and in numerous fashion shoots, reflecting their global appeal to millions.
Mim and Liv Nervo started their musical journey at the age of 7, spending their earlier years at music school and attending shows, the girls found solace in and an appreciation for house music of the time. Motivating them to move to the UK at the age of 19 to pursue their dream careers. The girls work rate was incredibly admirable, reflecting their desires to enter the saturated music industry, waiting tables and bar tending while simultaneously writing and submitting tracks to labels and publishers alike. Living by the ethos “…the harder you work, the luckier you get.” the girls hard work and dedication paid off having penned hits for the likes of Ke$ha, Kylie Minogue as well as playing their part in producing Billboard’s #1 dance-pop collaboration of all time ‘When Love Takes Over’.
Their regular appearances at Ultra Music Festival, Tomorrowland and Ushuaia, Ibiza as well as their residency at Omnia in Las Vegas reflect the capable skills of disk jockeying as well, with their brand ambassador roles for Tag Heuer, Ballantine’s Scotch Whisky, and clothing company Franklin & Marshall, baffling many fans with their schedule.
In contrast to their male counter-parts, the electronic queens have opted for a less simple approach to production. Unlike the Swedish House Mafia trio who are returning to more a instrumental basis, the Aussie duo have gone gone for a varied style which has seen the become the world highest ranking female DJ’s.
Their hectic schedule has meant the new album ‘Collateral’ was created in a variety of locations and with an impressive list of collaborators including Nicky Romero and Nile Rodgers. However, as the pair both wrote for the album, consistent themes of heartbreak, ‘girl-power’ and love all emerge, tying the varied musical styles together.
“All the relationships, all the lessons, all the hustle, the ups and the downs, it all feels like it is meant to be and is reflected on this album”
The four lead singles to be taken from the album have taken differing angles, reflecting the dynamic nature of NERVO’s production, each with their own ‘off-the-wall’ music videos often influenced by the Aussie pair.
– Pairing with fellow female electronic group ‘Au Revoir Simone‘, the blonde bombshells create a progressive electro house track with spine0tingling vocals.
– The track is one of the most simple constructions on the LP, mirroring the vulnerability of the lyrics and emphasizing the pure message.
– As the video suggests, this is one wild song. With dirty synths and a big-room style drop, the track is destined as a peak-time sing along.
– The female all-star track, brings together Kreayshawn, Dev and Alisa for an empowering house song bringing connotations of the club scene with its deep middle and distorted treble.
The album also features some of the tracks that helped to catapult NERVO to global stars today, including their hits ‘Reason’, ‘Hold On’ and ‘You’re Gonna Love Again‘ to sit alongside a raft of new material including standout track ‘The Other Boys’, featuring Chic’s Nile Rodgers and vocals from Jake Shears & Kylie Minogue.
‘Collateral’ is available today on iTunes
See the full tracklist below:
NERVO – COLLATERAL:
1. NERVO – Bulletproof ft. Harrison Miya
2. NERVO – Hold On
3. NERVO – Did We Forget ft. Amba Shepherd
4. NERVO – Oh Diana
5. NERVO – Haute Mess
6. NERVO – Hey Ricky ft. Kreayshawn, Dev & ALISA
7. NERVO – Let It Go ft. Nicky Romero
8. NERVO – Rainham Road
9. NERVO – Rise Early Morning ft. Au Revior Simone
10. NERVO – The Other Boys ft. Kylie Minogue & Jake Shears & Nile Rodgers
11. NERVO & Hook N Sling – Reason
12. NERVO – Right Thru Me ft. J Park
13. NERVO – You’re Gonna Love Again
14. NERVO – We’re All No One ft. Steve Aoki & Afrojack (NERVO Goes To Paris Remix)
15. NERVO – It Feels