Paul Oakenfold creates incredible DJ Camp
Paul Oakenfold is often refereed to as ‘The Godfather of Electronic Music”, having spanned decades and genres in his career. And with a level of experience and knowledge that one acquires with such a journey, it’s not an understatement to say that Oakenfold’s commitment to the DJ Camp reflects big intentions.
Laying down its roots at the prestigious The Los Angeles Recording School 24th-28th September, Paul Oakenfold is dedicating a large portion of his future to cultivating the next generation of electronic music. Aiming to put DJs & Producers into some of the world’s most sought after residencies in Las Vegas, Asia, London, and Los Angeles through an intensive five-day DJ Camp.
Designed specifically by Oakenfold, a number of his acclaimed friends in the industry, and The Electronic Music Academy the camp aims to deliver inside, never shared before, access to production secrets, creative brand-building, and all forms of online monetization for those eager to scale quickly in careers in the industry.
The DJ Camp instructors also include:
– Jon Pleeter brings 20 years of music artist representation experience as Vice President of Concerts & Festivals at International Creative Management. Pleeter began as an agent at CAA, where he represented EDM pioneers such as Daft Punk
– Jeff “Retro” Hill, is the Resident DJ at Hakkasan Nightclub, Las Vegas, considered the top nightclub in North America, and also holds residencies at WET Republic Ultra Pool, and the newly opened Omnia Nightclub at Caesars Palace. He’s opened for some of the most prominent DJ’s in the world, including Tiesto, Calvin Harris, Armin Van Buren, Benny Bennassi and David Guetta
– Matt Meyer joined AM Only as a talent agent in 2012, where he represents a wide range of artists including Cash Cash, Cosmic Gate, Haywyre, Halsey, Krewella, Sam Feldt, Tritonal, and Whilk & Misky.
– Dave Audė, a Grammy nominee, is responsible for official remixes of U2, Madonna, Sting, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Puff Daddy, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez,, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, Beyoncé, and Chris Brown, Korn and more, who have entrusted Dave to transform their hits into dance tracks. He has created an unprecedented 95 #1 Billboard tracks.
– Jason Kadlec is a music marketing expert who helped establish the Los Angeles-based digital music companies, INgrooves, Fontana and Topspin. Kadlec has spent years managing websites and online marketing for electronic music artists including Bassnectar, Amon Tobin, and EDM festivals such as Bass Camp.
– Joe Carlone is a leading entertainment attorney whose clients include a broad range of recording artists, record producers, songwriters and composers.
– Daniel Mendoza is the Manager of Content Development at The Recording Academy. Daniel was a driving force behind the introduction of electronic music to The Grammys.
– Nelly Neban is the co-managing director of Axis Artists Management Inc. She has a vast background in concert promotion and artist management with Weintraub Entertainment Group.
– Steve Baltin is a lead writer/contributor for Rolling Stone Magazine and has interviewed some of the world’s top DJ/Producers.
At The Los Angeles Recording School, located in the heart of Hollywood on the corner of Sunset Boulevard, attendees will learn:
– The Art of the Mix (DJ’ing 101)
– In-studio Production (Breaking it down)
– Publishing, Licensing, Marketing, Social Media, Radio
– Agents and Management.
With the DJ Camp’s costs including tuition, daily breakfast and lunch, lectures, small group break-outs, demonstrations, and one-on-one mentoring with the industry leaders, it seems like a budding DJ/Producers dream education. Students who enrolled in the camp and then subsequently enroll in a degree program at The Los Angeles Recording School will also be eligible for special rates and discounts on their tuition.
Also, students enroll the DJ Camp will be eligible to win a spot on the line-up for Bass Camp Festival in Lake Tahoe by submitting their original remix to the judges the week of the camp.
Unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, students will have to be over 18 years od age to attend the camp at the 3,000 square foot building that includes over 20 studios and labs. On top of that, the venue has also hosted the like of Black Eyed Peas, Mary J. Blige, Coldplay, Eminem, Shakira, Justin Timberlake and Kanye West – not bad reputations to be associated with.
Enroll now to receive a $250 discount
For more information visit the official website here