Our Top 10 Tracks From Kygo In Celebration Of His Birthday
In celebration of Norwegian maestro Kygo’s 23th birthday, we are pleased to show you his top 10 best productions.
Unless you were neither connected to a radio or internet, you must have heard of Kygo phenomenon. The genius started taking piano lessons at age six and began producing electronic music at sixteen after discovering Avicii as a teenager. With Logic Studio, a MIDI keyboard, and YouTube tutorials, he started to remixes some songs and this is the beginning of his career.
In 2013, Kyrre Gørvell-Dahll under his real name, reached number one on Norway’s VG-lista chart with his slow-galloping remix of Seinabo Sey’s “Younger.” He gained additional attention through remixes of Marvin Gaye’s “Sexual Healing” and Ed Sheeran’s “I See Fire.” Signed to an international deal with Sony, he released his first proper single, “Firestone,” in 2014. Featuring a lead vocal from Conrad Sewell, the song not only went to number one in Norway but reached the Top Ten in several other territories. In the same time, he partnered with EDM lifestyle brand Electric Family to produce a collaboration bracelet for which 100% of the proceeds are donated to breast cancer awareness.
More recently, the Parson James collaboration “Stole the Show” was Kygo’s second consecutive solo number one hit in Norway.
Without further ado, we give you our top 10 tracks in no specific order:
1. Kyla La Grange – Cut Your Teeth (Kygo Remix)
2. Ed Sheeran – I See Fire (Kygo)
3. Ed Sheeran & Passenger – No Diggity vs. Thrift Shop (Kygo Remix)
4. Kygo – Stole The Show (feat. Parson James)
5. Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing (Kygo Remix)
6. Kygo – Firestone (Feat. Conrad)
7. Seinabo Sey – Younger (Kygo Remix)
8. Syn Cole – Miami 82 (Kygo Remix)
9. Ellie Goulding – High For This (Kygo Remix)
10. M83 – Wait (Kygo Remix)
Passenger – Let Her Go (Kygo Remix)