Beyerdynamic launches new pair of over-ear headphones and studio microphones series
Renowned German audio equipment manufacturer Beyerdynamic launched its new headphones and microphone “X” series. The new products introduced in the series are DT 700 Pro X(Closed-back), DT 900 Pro X(Open back) headphones, and a pair of studio microphones namely M70 Pro X, M90 Pro X, aimed at content creators. Here is an in-depth review of the equipment down below.
This new line of German Engineered audio accessories in the Pro X series are built with high-end manufacturing equipment and hand assembly in Beyer’s own factory in Germany. Their diaphragms boast an all-new design with low weight and high rigidity. Their voice coils, meanwhile, employ a copper alloy, which weighs roughly 40 percent less than pure copper with high electrical conductivity. This with the powerful neodymium driver yields an improved transient response and high sensitivity, thus suitable for both professional and consumer devices.
M70 Pro X
- Type: End-address dynamic model designed for the spoken word
- Frequency response:50Hz-18kHz
- Pattern: Cardioid polar pattern
- Ideal for: Streamers, podcasters, vloggers
M90 Pro X
- Type: Side address cardioid microphone
- Frequency response:20Hz-20kHz
- SPLs: Up to 133dB A-weighted (at 1kHz)
- Accessories: Shock mount, Gooseneck pop filter (take care of any extraneous low frequencies)
DT 700 Pro X & DT 900 Pro X
DT 700 Pro X is a closed-back and DT 900 Pro X is an open-back headphone:
- Frequency response:5Hz-40kHz
- THD@1kHz:0.04 percent, for a 1mW input.
- Length: Both new headphones will ship with 1.8m and 3m cables, each terminating in a mini-XLR plug (for the headphones) at one end
- Plating: Gold-plated mini-jack (small-to-big adaptors are also provided)
DT 700 Pro X
DT 900 Pro X
The M70 Pro X dynamic mic is priced at €249, while the M90 Pro X carries a price of €299. The DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X are priced a little above Beyerdynamic’s established DT 770 Pros, at €249 apiece.