Plugins & Gear used by Joachim Pastor | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
Joachim Pastor is a Techno DJ/Producer, born and raised in Paris, France. At just the age of 4, he started learning to play a variety of musical instruments. After playing in a band he made a logical move regarding his music inspiration, towards music production. With Sebastien Léger as a mentor by his side, Joachim released his debut EP called ‘Diform’ on Popof’s label (Form) back in 2009. This gave him the opportunity to gain experience and gather support from artists such as AKA AKA, UMEK, and Brodinski. His signature blend between groovy – and melodic techno gained him releases on well-known labels such as Boxer Recordings, Armada Recordings, and Mistakes Music. Recently we spoke to Joachim to gain more insights into his music production process. Here’s the list of top plugins & gear used by Joachim Pastor.
Q.1 Top favourite synth plugins / Kontakt libraries
Answer: Diva, Omnsiphere, Ana2, Kick2 & Kontakt
1. u-He Diva, i love the simple interface, the quality of the analog emulation
2. Spectrasonics Omnisphere, gigantic bank of sound, super pads, great for atmosphere and textures also.
3. Ana2 from Sonic Academy, I really like this one, I think most of the presets are interesting and it sounds good.
4. Kick 2 from Sonic Academy: everything I need to make good layered kicks
5. Kontakt: I have dozens of Kontakt libraries, it’s probably my favorite sample, I’ve been using it for 10 years.
Q.2. Top favourite Effects/Mixing/Mastering Plugins
Answer: AOM Invisible Limiter, Slate Digital Bundle & more
1. AOM invisible limiter: the best limiter in my opinion, really powerful, simple, and transparent.
2. Slate Digital bundle: I use it all the time on everything ……..