Plugins & Gear used by Nicky Romero | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
Nicky Romero is a Dutch DJ & music producer and probably needs no introduction. He has produced multiple hits such as “We Could Be the One” with Avicii and also has his label Protocol Recordings, which is well known for its club-friendly progressive hits. Nicky Romero’s career spans over a decade and has a ton of knowledge to share with the upcoming producers. We recently caught up with Nicky Romero to gain insights into his music production process. Down below is the list of essential plugins & gear used by Nicky Romero.
| 20 Best VST Plugins & Instruments – Click here to checkout
Q.1 Top favorite synth plugins / Kontakt libraries
Answer: Serum, Sylenth1, Diva, Keyscape & more
1. Xfer Serum: the engine sounds so good and it’s so diverse sound-wise you can make anything with it.
2. Sylenth1 – Older synth but still very good sounding, works great for progressive sounds!
3. Diva – really warm-sounding synthesizer I use it a lot on my alter ego “Monocule” for more deeper/warmer sounds
4. Spectrasonics Keyscape – Not much to say about this one haha just a great library of high-quality piano sample sounds
5. Omnisphere – Huge library of synth sounds, extremely diversified sounds & a lot of tweaking possibilities to make it sound just like you want.
Q.2. Top favorite Effects/Mixing/Mastering Plugins
Answer: Fabfilter bundle, Kickstart & more
1. Fabfilter bundle: Dutch-based company with just amazing plugins whether it’s the Pro-Q3 EQ or the Pro-L Limiter they are the best in the business. The whole bundle is a must-have in my opinion.
2. Nicky Romero Kickstart: Great tool for sidechaining ……..