Plugins & Gear used by Thomas Gold | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
Thomas Gold is a German DJ & record producer with a staggering career. He has released music on labels such as Axtone Records, Protocol Records, and his own label Fanfare Records. In 2019 Thomas Gold had his first release on the major label Universal Music and he started his alter ego AU-1 to express his diverse and amazing abilities to create dance music. We recently caught up with Thomas Gold to gain insights into his music production process. Down below is the list of essential plugins & gear used by Thomas Gold.
Q.1 Top favorite synth plugins / Kontakt libraries
Answer: Serum , LennarDigital Sylenth1, reFX Nexus & more
1. Serum – I use it mostly for heavy and punchy basses plucks or crazy lead sounds – with the internal FX section you can create huge sounds without any external processing. Serum has its very own unique sound which is hard to achieve with any other synth.Know More
2. LennarDigital Sylenth1 – is still my (longtime) fav for all kinds of pads, leads, basses, or synth sounds – it’s a perfect addition to Serum for me. Can sound warm, full, lush but also aggressive.Know More
3. reFX Nexus – is my workhorse for sounds when I need quick results, big and impressive sounds, or when I want to add dimension and fullness to other synth sounds. I have been a longtime fan and I own many of their expansions which give me a great arsenal of presets I can use instantly within many of my productions.Know More
4.ES1 – is a simple synth, but I love it for exactly that. I use it for sub-basses, additional lead sounds (great with the built-in noise generator!), and sometimes for tuned percussion sounds.Know More
5. Reveal Spire – can do almost anything but has its very own character and signature sound which adds perfectly to my other synths – aggressive, harsh, edgy, or warm and lush. Great tool.Know More
Q.2. Top favourite Effects/Mixing/Mastering Plugins
Answer: Logic Compressor, FabFilter Q3 & more
1. Logic Compressor: it’s a stock plug-in – is easy to use, great in sound, and very versatile. Got it on almost every channel.
2. FabFilter Q3: THE EQ for all my channel processing……….