Plugins & Gear used by Tinlicker | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
Tinlicker is a Dutch DJ and producer duo comprised of Micha Heyboer and Jordi van Achthoven. Back in 2013 they started making music together and soon enough gained the attention of labels such as Armada, mau5trap, and Anjunabeats. In 2019 they have released their first complete studio album and it shows what the two Dutch producers are capable of. We recently caught up with Tinlicker to gain insights into their music production process. Down below is the list of essential plugins & gear used by Tinlicker.
Q.1 Top favorite synth plugins / Kontakt libraries
Answer: U-he’s Repro 5, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Kontakt brass and string libraries & more
1. U-he’s Repro 5 – Basically everything Urs Heckmann releases is gold, but this synth gives you that analogue feel everybody is unknowingly looking for. The sound is warm and big at the same time without being harsh and plastic.Know More
2. Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 – Whenever we’re looking for something unique and organic this synth never disappoints. Eric Persing and his team created something which allows you to create or stumble upon sounds that no other synth can do. It brings character to songs, but it is quite heavy on your CPU.Know More
3. Massive – Maybe Native Instruments most used synth within electronic production, but it’s still great to use. Somehow being so familiar with its layout allows you to be creative. We use it a lot for our bass and pluck sounds. Maybe a swing option on the filters and arpeggio would have been a great addition.Know More
4.Arturia V Collection – This wide range of legendary keyboards enables us to reintegrate a timeless nostalgic feel to our tracks without sounding old. Again it’s a great way of merging worlds into a new one.Know More
Q.2. Top favourite Effects/Mixing/Mastering Plugins
Answer: Valhalla Revers, Cytomic Glue & more
1. Valhalla Reverbs: Just so easy to use and they sound amazing. To be honest everything sounds great with reverb haha. I wish we could put reverb on our lunch. The ‘Free’ Supermassive is great for creating background atmospheres. Just drown yourself in an ocean of reflectionKnow More
2. Cytomic Glue: Our go-to compressor. It’s on .……….