In a dramatic turn of events, Dutch giant Don Diablo has taken to his official Facebook page to post a short video detailing his strained relations with Ultra Music Festival over a row between festival and artist. Arriving to Singapore later than planned due to a delay on a connecting flight from Beijing, the Hexagon superstar told fans how the DJ, and members of his team, allegedly received a string of vicious text messages from Ultra organisers upon landing in the country, telling them they were no longer welcome at the event, and would not be getting paid if they did choose to show up.
In an emotional video where Don Diablo can be visibly seen reduced to the point of tears, the “On My Mind” producer told fans how he felt he had been “Massively disrespected” by Ultra, and having lost a lot of his own money, having purchased his own flights, and special effects, now was his breaking point, adding:
“You have to draw the line somewhere. As a team we have decided that we cannot perform at any of the Ultra events in the near future, including the ones that have already been announced. We are drawing the line. But I’m breaking the silence.”
Of course, if these allegations are true, then the news is highly concerning, and we can only hope that relations between festival organisers, and artists, never suffer such a breakdown as the case in question here.
You can watch the full video from Don Diablo below, and let us know your thoughts on this story, which is rocking the dance music world right now.
A quick message about today's events at ULTRA Singapore 🙏🏻❤️
Posted by Don Diablo on Sunday, June 11, 2017