Exit Festival – Feel the Magic
A famous musician once proclaimed that “Music is the strongest form of magic” and Magic is precisely the theme of this year’s edition of the world famous EXIT Festival.
Nestled in the walls of the Petrovaradin fortress in the exquisitely beautiful town of Novi Sad in Serbia is a festival that started out as a political revolution and became celebrated as a place where hedonism meets activism. Founded in 2000, EXIT has evolved into one of the most popular music festivals in the world among festival goers. One of the many charms of the festival is its setting – the magical Petrovaradin fortress, a massive structure first laid down by the Romans and added to over the centuries by various ruling parties trying to assert their hegemony.
EXIT maintains one of the most diverse line-ups in the festival world. Year after year, the festival showcases the best of house, techno, drum and bass, dubstep, hardcore, metal, punk, hip-hop, and more. The Main Stage hosts spectacular live acts whereas the Dance Arena combines the underground and mainstream DJs. The diversity of the festival is a massive attraction to party revelers which is evidenced by the fact that EXIT festival has attracted a worldwide audience of 2.5 million visitors from 60 different countries.
EXIT will be held this year from 7 to 10 July in Novi Sad, Serbia after which the Exit Adventure travels to the Adriatic Sea for the third Sea Dance Festival from 14 to 16 July on the beautiful Jaz Beach near Budva, Montenegro. In case you need any more convincing here are some fun facts:
- 300,000 festival goers walked through the gates at the 2015 edition of EXIT.
- Richie Hawtin will perform his brand new live performance at EXIT on 10 July, after debuting it at Sónar.
- The Prodigy will perform on 10 July after 23,000 people requested the band in a poll.
- Leading tourist guide Condé Nast Traveller included EXIT in its ’50 things to do in Europe before you die’.
- EXIT was chosen as the Best European Festival for 2016 by European Best Destinations.
- EXIT was proclaimed as the Best Major European Festival at the European Festival Awards in 2014.
Check out the incredible line-up below which is still growing and feel the magic of the festival yourself by buying tickets here. See you on the dancefloor!