The polls are closed and results are in for this year’s ‘Best of North America Awards‘. For North America, this is hands down one of the most important moments of the year, where producers, event organizations, and labels get rewarded and acknowledged for all their hard work. The awards are a chance to shine a light on their standout achievements throughout the past year.
This was a huge year for Claude VonStroke and his legendary label Dirtybird Records, as they respectively swept the Best DJ and Best Label awards. Justin Martin, another member of the Dirtybird family, took home the title for Best Producer. Amongst the new young guns of electronic music, space mom REZZ and Moon Boots were respectively awarded Breakthrough DJ and Breakthrough Producer awards, due to their incredible growth throughout the past year. When it comes to Best Live Act, ODESZA was an easy pick. If you have ever experienced one of their live shows, you will know exactly why.
Ultra Music Festival took home the title for Best Festival, just ahead of Electric Daisy Carnival. House of Yes (NY), Exchange (LA), Heart (Miami), Sound-Bar (Chicago), and Coda (Toronto) were the best venues in their respective regions.
You can check out the full list of winners for this years North America Awards below and a more in-depth analysis of the individual awarded picks on DJ Mag.
- Best DJ – Claude VonStroke
- Breakthrough DJ – REZZ
- Best Producer – Justin Martin
- Breakthrough Producer – Moon Boots
- Best Live Act – ODESZA
- Best Label – Dirtybird
- Breakthrough Label – Repopulate Mars
- Best Venue North East – House of Yes
- Best Venue West – Exchange LA
- Best Venue South – Heart, Miami
- Best Venue Midwest – Sound-Bar Chicago
- Best Venue North – Coda, Toronto
- Best Festival – Ultra Music Festival
- Best Boutique Festival – Desert Hearts
- Best Album – Lane 8 ‘Little By Little’
- Best Track – ‘Take Me to Your Leader’ Walker & Royce