Plugins & Gear used by Vanic | The Essential Vol. 1 Catalog
Vanic is a Vancouver-based producer and DJ who first caught attention in 2015. The major breakthrough track was his top 40 single called “Samurai” released in 2017. He has made remixes for the likes of Lana del Ray, CHVRCHES, and Major Lazer. With a steady release stream and many singles already released he is definitely here to stay. We recently caught up with Vanic to gain insights into his music production process. Down below is the list of essential plugins & gear used by Vanic.
Q.1 Top favorite synth plugins / Kontakt libraries
Answer: Serum, Omnisphere, Phase plant & more
1. Serum – Serum is the synth I’m most familiar with (it replaced Massive for me, for the most part). So I’m able to dial in the sound I want quickly. For every specific and unique sound that I want to create I go to Serum first!Know More
2. Omnisphere – Omnisphere just has an insane amount of sounds. Its library is huge and I’ve been using it for years and still discover new sounds every time I use it. It’s my go-to for background sounds, pads, textures, things that move a lot and need to be interesting but aren’t centerpiece sounds.Know More
3. Phase plant – I’m just getting used to this one. I’m not very good with it but I find that it has better FM function than Serum. It’s definitely a killer for bass sounds when you start understanding it a bit. On top of that, the FX that comes with Kilohearts are really good. I use the standalone effects all the time now outside of Phase Plant itself.Know More
4. Pigments – this is a really beautiful synth that has a lot of possibilities for long, evolving, flowing sounds. It’s slowly taking over what the Omnisphere is for me. It’s great for pads and textures.Know More
Q.2. Top favourite Effects/Mixing/Mastering Plugins
Answer: Newfangled Elevate, Standard clip& more
1. Newfangled Elevate: Best function and best sound for me. I find it outperforms L2 on my master chain. It’s a CPU beast though so I never use more than one instance and only in mastering.Know More
2. Standard clip: is my favorite cheapish clipper.……….
Image credits: Vanic (Press) / provided by GetIn PR