Coachella crowned most popular festival on Instagram
The 2019 festival season is finally underway. After a spectacular Ultra Miami 2019 which saw a variety of outstanding performances by the worlds biggest artists, it is now the turn of Coachella to unite hundreds of thousands of music fans from all over the world to enjoy some of the most talented and popular artists perform live.
With technology having advanced at unprecedented rates of the past decades, it is now almost possible for fans to experience the festivals from the comfort of their homes, be it from the numerous live streams or videos and pictures being posted during and after these events. With social media also becoming such an important part of our lives, it has also become crucial for festival organisers to ensure they have a strong social media presence and following.
Lonley Planet recently did some research to see which festival is the most instagrammed by lookig at the number of hashtags which involve the festival names. On top of the list is Coachella, as the combination of music and fashion makes the setting perfect for a good Instagram shot. The list also features other iconic festivals from around the world like Tomorrowland, Ultra Music Festival, Burning Man and many others. Be sure to check out Lonley Planet’s top 10 list of the most Instagrammed music festivals below.
Top 10 Most Instagrammed Music Festivals
1. Coachella, USA – 4,201,240 hashtags
2. Tomorrowland, Belgium – 3,844,374 hashtags
3. SXSW: South by Southwest, USA – 2,101,976 hashtags
4. Ultra Music Festival, USA – 1,415,663 hashtags
5. Burning Man, USA – 1,333,164 hashtags
6. Lollapalooza, USA – 1,079,499 hashtags
7. Rock in Rio, Brazil – 990,110 hashtags
8. Glastonbury, UK – 731,742 hashtags
9. EDC: Electric Daisy Carnival, USA – 719,352 hashtags
10. Bonnaroo, USA – 529,153 hashtags