Martin Garrix suffers bee sting in throat during his set
The current #1 DJ in the world, Martin Garrix, was performing at North America’s biggest outdoor club Beachclub in Montreal, Canada September 2nd, helping to celebrate the closing of the 2019 Beachclub season. During his set, a bee decided to make things a little uncomfortable for the young talent, flew into his mouth and stung his throat. The Dutch DJ kept on going until the pain became so unbearable that he had to seek medical aid off the stage, but decided to jump back to his performance right after the help of the paramedics and delivered a phenomenal experience to his fans tolerating the pain. What’s more, he even added half an hour extra play-time to his set!
This is not the first time that Garrix had to prove his dedication and persistence on stage. Several months ago, while he was playing in Omnia Las Vegas, he jumped off the stage and a bad movement caused him a serious ankle injury that required him to undergo surgery and long months of recovery in bed. Although he was forced to cancel most of his shows, as soon as he was allowed to get out of bed he went back right where he left: on stage-even if it meant balancing on one foot throughout his full shows.
Martin had this to say about his leg injury earlier this year:
‘I’m devastated that I have to cancel these shows since nothing makes me happier than performing for you guys. I feel most alive when I’m on stage, seeing you guys smile. I was really looking forward to it and I never want to disappoint my fans.’
But you know what they say: a smooth sea never made a skillful sailor. We are pretty sure that whatever obstacle Martin Garrix will encounter, he will keep pushing his boundaries to enchant us! Hope you are okay now, Martin!